Thursday, April 24, 2008

Update on Bose # 2

I cannot thank everyone enough for the encouraging words and most of all for your prayers. Prayer is a powerful thing. Well, we do have good news. After dropping Mac off at school yesterday, I came home ready to call the pediatric neurologist in Santa Barbara to make an appointment for Bose. I was going to express my concern that I wanted him to be seen as early as they could get him in (I was prepared to hear that the earliest time would be next month). But low and behold there was a cancellation and he got into see Dr. Carter at 1:30 yesterday. What a relief. By the way, thank you Jenny (Lieber) for picking Mac up from school and dropping him off at Amy's house. And thank you, thank you Amy (Seitz) for watching Mac yesterday afternoon.
Dr. Carter was awesome (the best bedside manner which is so important to me). She got all of the information from us about what happened on Monday and performed a few assessments (visual tests, reflexology tests, etc.) and she thinks he looks "perfect". What probably happened is that Bose had a "breath-holding spell" that turned into a seizure (b/c of the brief lack of oxygen to his brain). She feels confident that he is a-okay but to be 100% sure he is going to have an MRI performed under sedation to make sure his brain function/structure is normal. This happens at Cottage Hospital in Santa Barbara only on Mondays for the infants so hopefully he can get it done before we head back East to visit family... but if not, I will be okay with that and we'll just have it done after we get back. But in the event that he has another passing out/not breathing/seizure then he will be on emergency status and get the MRI done right away. But honestly, I have no worries. :-)
Anyway, what a relief... and thanks again to everyone for your sincere concern and for all of your prayers.

Love Always,
Katie
(Jimmy, Mac & Bose)

2 comments:

Betsy Marchant said...

Katie,
I'm so glad to hear that everything is okay. I just can't quit thinking about how scary that must have been for you guys! Have a fun trip.

Miles and Barnes said...

Katie-I know you are so relieved! We are all glad little Bose is okay! Meredith