Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Update on my sweet, precious Bose






About 12:10 PT on Monday, we had a very big scare at the Liddle household. Basically, Bose started crying very loudly then his eyes rolled back into his head and he stopped breathing. We called 911 (Jimmy was home for lunch, that I am thankful for) while trying to revive him / get him to breathe. Clearly the most terrifying moment in our lives. I believe every rescue vehicle was at our home and bless little Mac's heart, he was so excited but didn't realize the severity of what was going on. Bose was coherent when the FD & EMTs got there... lethargic but okay. After he came to and started crying he was like a rag doll... you would lift his arm and it flopped down. But eventually he got feeling back and could squeeze my finger (the 911 dispatcher had me doing these tests so she could assess Bose's condition until the FD arrived). We didn't go to the ER but saw his pediatrician instead today. Bose has also been having some twitching spells with his head and eyes since the weekend so we're speculating that Bose may have had a seizure (and perhaps may be having smaller ones). But to confirm or rule out, he's been referred to a neurologist in Santa Barbara on an ASAP status. That doesn't mean tomorrow but hopefully in the next few weeks. Anyway, his pediatrician checked him out and he appears fine other than what happened yesterday. So please keep my sweet baby boy in your prayers.

2 comments:

Betsy Marchant said...

Oh Katie! That is so scary. I will definitely keep little Bose in my thoughts and prayers.

Miles and Barnes said...

I am glad you got a good report from your Dr. but I know you want to get to the bottom of everything. We will keep praying for little Bose! Love the video! I have been trying to post a few for about a month and just haven't been able to get it to work until recently.
Much Love,
Meredith