Thursday, October 9, 2008

God Bless Our Loved Ones

I attended a beautiful & very touching funeral today. Kathy Nowlin was the mother of one of my sister's (and family's) very close friends. Kathy battled a long fight with ovarian cancer and passed away peacefully this past Tuesday. Rhobie, the widowed husband and Anna's father, is such a teddy bear and he made me cry talking with him at the funeral home last night and during the funeral today. He & Kathy were lifelong sweethearts and his love for her is something you read about in books or see in movies. If I could and if he'd allow me I'd chat with him about his love for Kathy any day of the week and I'm sure every time he'd make me cry. I tell ya, when I returned to Liz & Chris's home, I was so happy to see Mac, Bose, Luke & Rob and I hugged & kissed them like I hadn't seen them in a week. I am so thankful for those little boogers, Jimmy, my family and for
the Nowlins.

1 comment:

shannon harless said...

Kathy Nowlin was such a sweet person. and, what a great picture of her.Mike enjoyed taking care of her and she will be missed. My heart goes out to that family.