Monday, October 20, 2008

Pawley's Island for the weekend

The Scarborough clan (mother's side) gathered at Pawley's Island this weekend for a mini-reunion. The 4 boys & I stayed at Evelyn, Pete, Gardner & Bowman's beautiful home on the creek while the rest stayed at Litchfield. We had a ball although I am quite pooped from the weekend. It is always so nice spending time with cousins, aunts, uncles and of course Mummy who is almost 90-years-young (she acts and looks like 60... ask anyone). Thanks, Evelyn, for opening your home to us... we all had an outstanding time!!!
Sure would suck to have this as your backyard. :-)
Luke, Mac, Bowman, Gardner & Mary Ashton
Boys playing Kerplunk
Girl talk with cousins
The older boys crabbin'
Dinnertime
5 boys in a tub... we added 2 more (talk about dirty water)
Couldn't take anymore fun and pooped out
More crabbin' the next day
Mummy with 3 of her 17 great-grandchildren
Adorable Bowman
Rivers, Samuel & Jack enjoying the beach & sand (mind you, the water is freezing this time of year but boys do not care)
Tomboys such as Mary Ashton don't care either
Apparently 15-month-olds don't care either... Bose loved the sand between his toes and even the frigid water (he was knocked over by a wave and by the look on his face, I could tell he wasn't expecting it to be that cold... brrrrrrrrrrrrr)
Gardner, a babysitter-in-training
A lady walking by asked if all of these kids belonged to me... R U crazy??? Then she asked their ages... that's easy- 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 & 1 (Yep, Evelyn, Liz & I planned it that way)
What a great weekend... it's worth being exhausted!!!

5 comments:

Betsy Marchant said...

Awww Katie, I love these pictures! I've always felt like a member of the Scarborough fam (even though I haven't seen most of you for years!)and am so glad to see these pictures. I would love to get together and catch up with all of you sometime!!!

The Brown's Blog said...

I love the one of the boys scattered all over one another in the bed....how adorable! You have such a blessed family!

Norwood Family said...

Family is wonderful! It looks like you all had a great time! Cherish all the memories you can...time goes by too quickly.
Miriam

Miles and Barnes said...

Katie-Sweet pictures! I know you had a good time. I can't imagine how tired you all are. Going out of town is so worth it but you do get worn out!

TuTu's Bliss said...

great pics..We are a family of all girls and we are done but I have to admit all those cute pics make me want a little boy,